http://jcatki.no-ip.org:8080/SDL_image/ and on this site.
SDL_image-1.2.12-win32-x64.zip (64-bit Windows)
Mac OS X
SDL_image-1.2.12.dmg (Intel 10.5+)
The latest stable release of SDL 1.2
All platforms supported by SDL
SDL_image is an image file loading library.
It loads images as SDL surfaces, and supports the following formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, LBM, PCX, PNG, PNM, TGA, TIFF, WEBP, XCF, XPM, XV
As of SDL_image 1.2.5, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and WEBP image loading libraries are dynamically loaded, so if you don't need to load those formats, you don't need to include those shared libraries. libpng depends on libz, and libtiff depends on both libz and libjpeg.
Unpack and build. Run "showimage imagefile" to display an image using the library.
* Fixed regression in 1.2.11 loading 8-bit PNG images with libpng
* SDL_image is now under the zlib license
* SDL_image binaries have been built with the following libraries:
* SDL_image framework on OSX is built for Intel 10.5 and newer,
PowerPC binaries can be built by modifying the Xcode project
* Fixed loading 8-bit PNG images on Mac OS X
* Added WEBP image support
* Fixed compiling with libpng 1.4 and 1.5
* Added Android.mk to build on the Android platform
* Fixed loading HAM6 images with stencil mask
* Fixed bug loading 15 and 16 bit BMP images
Thanks to these people and many others for their help on this release:
Mark Tucker, Thomas Klausner, Michael Bonfils
* Fixed bug loading multiple images
* Fixed alpha premultiplication on Mac OS X and iPhone OS
* Fixed checking for IMG_Init() return value in image loaders
* Added support for uncompressed PCX files
* Added IMG_Init()/IMG_Quit() to prevent constantly loading and unloading DLLs
* Added support for ICO and CUR image files
* Added ImageIO loading infrastructure for Mac OS X
* Added UIImage loading infrastructure for iPhone / iPod Touch